Type B - Zero Start Geyser
This unit can be installed inside (needs to be flued to the outside) or can also be installed outside under protective cover. This unit is fitted with a flue sensor mounted on the flue diverter. The function of this sensor is to shut the unit down within 4 minutes by law if the flue is blocked or the flue is not fitted.
How it works:
- Ignition is through Type D torch batteries
- Open hot water tap - the water pressure pushes the light weight magnetic floater up and activates the geyser by signalling to the electronic box that there is spark and that the gas solenoid valve must open the gas to the main burners
- This type of geyser operates on low water pressure and is also less sensitive to mixer taps
- Once installed and you are ready to set the temperature, start by doing the following:
1 - set the gas knob to minimum gas
2 - set the water inlet valve to maximum water flow, and open your tap
3 - set the correct water temp by slowly increasing the gas
- This makes the zero start unit the most efficient on the market
- Zero Start Geyser works much better with mixer taps
- Do not use toilet connectors for water in/out lets
- Do not run the cold water supply from a electric geyser
- Ensure to flush the water pipes before connecting it to the geyser. We recommend the gas installer to connect the water pipes
- Always ensure to install the correct size geyser. Never down size/up size on the geyser.
Simply do the following to assist you in choosing the correct size.
1 - measure the water flow per minute at two to three different taps in and around the house. (Take a large bucket and simply open the tap for 1 minute and measure the quantity in the bucket)
2 - Measure one tap then also open multiple taps to see if the waterflow rate per minute stays the same.
3 - once you have determined the waterflow per minute you choose the size geyser according to that.
Example: If you get around 10L per minute then you install a 9L zero start unit. Do not install an over-sized geyser as it will over-heat and shut down.
Available in the following sizes: 9L, 12L, 14L & 18L